Lee Cowen for Mash Barn
Candidate for Mash Barn ward, Adur District Council
Lee Cowen, first elected to represent Mash Barn in Lancing in 2017, said: “It’s been an honour to serve the people of Mash Barn over the last four years. Back then the big issue for the ward was the New Monks Farm development and in many ways It still is. I continue to work with the developers and CALA homes to reduce the impact of the development on our community.
“Here are some or my achievements:
- Fundraising for the installation of two Automated External Defbrillators
- Saving the Lancing Children and Family Centre after it was earmarked for closure by the Conservative-run county council
- Ensuring a new dog poo bin was installed on Monks Avenue at the behest of residents
- Successfully lobbying the council to change the status of the grazing land behind Manor Close from brownfield to greenfield, reducing the risk of development there
- Organising community litter picks
- Arranging public consultation for upgrading the Shadwells Road open space
- Actioning many issues following the move to fortnight bin collections
- Actioning fly-tipping removal as needed
- Actioning council housing repairs and lobbied for scrutiny of the service
- Actioning CALA Homes to install dust suppression measures
- Actioning the removal of privacy invading CCTV installed at the Brighton and Hove Albion academy.”
Lee is leader of the Labour group and leader of the opposition on Adur District Council.